Tales of the Bearded Toad

Short stories and the occasional true tidbit devised in the life and times of the Bearded Toad

Saturday, July 08, 2006

The Loss of an Old Friend

Today I had to say goodbye to a friend. That’s not something that’s easy to do, especially one that’s seen so much with you. We met in December of 1998 one night while cruising around town, and we’ve spent countless hours together since. We went through my years at Auburn together, moved out to Denver together, moved into five different places in Denver together, and moved to three places in North Carolina together. We have even worked together. Through many jobs, homes, and trips to the hardware store, we’ve stuck together. Through seven and half years and over 110,000 miles my truck and I have been friends. Today, though, I had to sell the Tacoma. I almost want to cry. So, please, when you’re riding down the road, keep a look out for my old friend.

3 Comments:

Blogger oregonman said...

what's a country boy gone a due without a truck,how are we going to steal your friends BBQ grill, move heavy manly stuff, or impress girls with our big wheels!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very economical of you!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess the self-evolved won!

Self evolved- 1
Horny Toad- 0

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home